COMING SOON in Dan Patch Trail!This beauty hits the market tomorrow - call Jessica at 612-710-8283 and be the first to see!
Nothing Could Be Finer Than To Live In Old Edina
Dated: October 27 2015
As a native Edinian, I love nothing more than talking about all the wonderful things about my city - my parents grew up there, I grew up there, and my brother and his family recently moved back there after a few years in Bloomington, MN. Although I live "South of the river" these days, I love the charm and history of Edina and the neighboring suburbs NORTH of the river.
So I present you with my top ten things that I love about Edina, MN.
2. The dining mecca of 50th and France. When I was a kid, 50th & France consisted of my dentist, Clancy's, Walgreens, and a few other restaurants. Now, there's The Edina Grill, Mozza Mia, D'Amico, The Convention Grill... the list goes on and on -- and that's just in ONE little part of town! (My dentist is still there, and I still visit him every six months. Dr. Spencer, I promise I'll remember to floss!)
3. Easy access to downtown, Uptown, and all sorts of other towns - and close proximity to the City Lakes and Grand Rounds biking / running / walking path system.
4. The Edina Art Fair - Minnesota's top art fair attracts the top 300 artists from the US and Canada!
5. Award winning school district - getting into college was a breeze after the education at EHS.
6. The Edina Band "family." I would be a very good ex- band geek if I didn't tout the Edina schools music program - let's just say, it is incredible, and not only will hone your musical skills, but build lifelong friendships (case in point: I just attended a concert in honor of my former band director, attended by many of my friends since elementary school). There are dozens of famous musicians who are the product of the Edina bands system. I couldn't be prouder to call myself a member of that family.
7. Edina Realty (Not that I'm biased...). Started 60 years ago by a single mother, Edina Realty has grown to over 60 offices and we are the #1 in sales for 15 years straight. As a female business owner / ex musician, I love the story that Emma Rovick wanted to buy her daughter a piano, so she took out a loan and bought a fledgling real estate company, growing it into the successful giant it is today. Red signs are the best!
9. Centennial Lakes Park & mini-golf greens. Feel like walking around some beautifully manicured gardens? Take a walk through Centennial lakes... stop by the putting green to practice your aim, and watch the kids driving remote control boats on the pond.
10. Too cold to venture outside? Take it indoors at Edina's Edinborough Park -- the indoor park features walking paths, a huge playground / gym for kids, and in the winter... indoor ice skating (pssss; I MAY have gone to my high school valentine's day sweetheart dance there too).
Looking for a home in Edina, MN? Call me today to set up your search, or to set up a private showing at one of the many homes for sale in District 273!
Latest Blog Posts
Some Highlights Real estate has outranked stocks, savings accounts, and gold as the best long-term investment among Americans for the past 7 years. The belief in the stability